Prizes and Awards
At every ISPO World Congress, the International Society for Prosthetics and Orthotics recognizes the most outstanding paper on objective clinical assessment, clinical evaluation or clinical measurement published in Prosthetics and Orthotics International during the years prior to the congress with the Forchheimer Prize.
The prize has been established by the Forchheimer family to honour the memory of Sylvia and Alfred Forchheimer.
Brian & Joyce Blatchford Team Prize for Innovation
Established by the Blatchford Family in memory of Mr. Brian Blatchford and Mrs. Joyce Blatchford, this prestigious prize is awarded to a team who has an outstanding record of innovative achievement in the field of prosthetics and/or orthotics, and will be presented at the ISPO World Congress.
The prize of 15,000 € will be awarded to a team who has an outstanding record of innovative achievement in the field of prosthetics and/or orthotics. The project should be related to prosthetic and/or orthotic hardware, or scientifically-based new techniques which result in better prosthetic or orthotic service provision.
World Congress Best Paper and Poster Prizes
Best Paper Prizes are awarded by the local organizing/scientific committee to five presenting authors of free papers/posters during the ISPO World Congress:
- Advancing Clinical Treatment: greatest contribution to advancing the clinical management of clients.
- Advancing Technology: greatest contribution to advancing technical capabilities in prosthetics and orthotics
- Advancing Psychosocial Science: the greatest contribution to advancing our understanding of the psychosocial aspects of client care.
- Advancing Education: greatest contribution to advancing prosthetics and orthotics education.
- Best Poster: paper presented in poster format that makes the most substantial contribution to advancing knowledge in prosthetics and orthotics
Information on applications and nominations will be available on www.ispoint.org