Prizes and Awards
The following prizes and awards are presented during the World Congress.
ISPO awards the Forchheimer Prize to the most outstanding paper on objective clinical assessment, clinical evaluation or clinical measurement published in Prosthetics and Orthotics International during the years prior to the event.
The prize has been established by the Forchheimer Family to honour the memory of Sylvia and Alfred Forchheimer.
Brian & Joyce Blatchford Team Prize for Innovation
The Brian and Joyce Blatchford Team Prize for Innovation has been established by the Blatchford Family to honour the memory of Mr. Brian Blatchford and Mrs. Joyce Blatchford.
The Prize is awarded to a team that has an outstanding record of innovative achievement in the field of prosthetics and/or orthotics. The achievement should be related to prosthetic and/or orthotic hardware, or scientifically based new techniques, which result in better prostheses or orthotics.
Sepp Heim Award
This international biannual award will be established to honour Mr. Sepp Heim for a lifetime of significant contributions to both ISPO and the development of Prosthetic and Orthotic education and services in developing countries.
World Congress Best Paper and Poster Prizes
Best Paper Prizes are awarded by the local organising/scientific committee to five presenting authors of free papers/posters in the following five categories:
- Advancing Clinical Treatment: greatest contribution to advancing the clinical management of clients
- Advancing Technology: greatest contribution to advancing technical capabilities in prosthetics and orthotics
- Advancing Psychosocial / Social-economic Science: the greatest contribution to advancing our understanding of the psychosocial aspects of client care
- Advancing Education: greatest contribution to advancing prosthetics and orthotics education
- Best Poster: paper presented in poster format that makes the most substantial contribution to advancing knowledge in prosthetics and orthotics
Information on applications and nominations will be available at www.ispoint.org.