Prizes and Awards
The following prizes and awards are presented during the World Congress.
The Prize has been established by the Forchheimer Family to honour the memory of Mr. Alfred Forchheimer and Mrs. Sylvia Forchheimer. The Prize is awarded to the most outstanding paper on objective clinical assessment, clinical evaluation or clinical measurement published in Prosthetics and Orthotics International during the years prior to the event.
Brian & Joyce Blatchford Team Prize for Innovation
The Prize has been established by the Blatchford Family to honour the memory of Mr. Brian Blatchford and Mrs. Joyce Blatchford. The Prize is awarded to a team who has an outstanding record of innovative achievement in the field of prosthetics and/or orthotics. The achievement should be related to prosthetic and/or orthotic hardware, or scientifically based new technique, that result in better prosthetic and/or orthotic services. Find more information here.
Sepp Heim Award
The Award has been established by ISPO to honour the memory of Mr. Sepp Heim for a lifetime of significant contributions to both ISPO and the development of Prosthetic and Orthotic education and services in developing countries. The Award recognizes individual/s or an institution/organization that have made significant contributions to the development and/or provision of appropriate mobility device services in less-resourced settings. Find more information here.
World Congress Best Paper and Poster Prizes
The Prizes have been established by ISPO and are awarded by the Scientific Committee of ISPO World Congress to five presenting authors of free paper/poster who made the greatest contribution in the following five categories:
- Advancing Clinical Treatment: greatest contribution to advancing the clinical management of clients
- Advancing Technology: greatest contribution to advancing technical capabilities in prosthetics and orthotics
- Advancing Psychosocial / Social-economic Science: the greatest contribution to advancing our understanding of the psychosocial aspects of client care
- Advancing Education: greatest contribution to advancing prosthetics and orthotics education
- Best Poster: paper presented in poster format that makes the most substantial contribution to advancing knowledge in prosthetics and orthotics
Information on applications and nominations available at www.ispoint.org.